ALCOHOL AND OTHER DRUG CLASSES
Students who receive sanctions from Student Rights and Responsibilities or Housing may be referred to Wellness and Health Promotion Services for participation in Basic Alcohol and Controlled Substance Education or the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Intervention.
These programs are designed to help you reflect on your choices about alcohol or marijuana and to reduce your risk of being harmed by your own or someone else’s use. The programs offer an opportunity to reflect on the role of drinking and marijuana use in your social life, review the facts about how these substances work, identify common alcohol and marijuana-related risks and learn ways to keep yourself and your friends out of harm's way.*
|Thursday, Jan. 17||12:00 - 1:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Feb. 6||11:00 - 12:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, Mar. 7||3:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
|Monday, Mar. 25||10:00 - 11:00 a.m.|
|Thursday, Apr. 11||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Apr. 24||2:00 - 3:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 2||1:00 - 2:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Jan. 16||2:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
|Monday, Jan. 28||10:00 - 12:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, Feb. 14||2:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Feb. 27||4:30 - 6:30 p.m|
|Tuesday, Mar. 19||1:00 - 3:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Apr. 3||1:00 - 3:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Apr. 16||10:00 - 12:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 7||4:30 - 6:30 p.m.|
To sign up for either of the Alcohol and Controlled Substance classes, please complete these steps.
Step 1: Complete on-line intake form. You must finish the intake before registering for a class.
Step 2: On-line intake form must be completed before registering for a class. If the intake is not complete at least 2 business days prior to the class, your appointment will be canceled and you will be charged a cancellation fee. You will also need to schedule a new class.
Step 3: Register for a class (workshop). Make sure you register for the correct course. If you aren’t sure, check the letter you received from Student Rights and Responsibilities. You can register:
- Appointments are required. If we need to contact you prior to class, we will call you or contact you at your siu.edu mail.
- On-line intake form must be completed at least 2 business days prior to the class or your appointment will be canceled and you will be charged a cancellation fee. You will also need to schedule a new class.
- Please arrive 5 - 10 minutes early for your class and plan to stay the entire time. Once the class begins, no one will be admitted. If you arrive late or leave early, your appointment will be canceled and you will be charged a cancellation fee. You will also need to schedule a new class.
- In order to avoid a $15 "No-Show" fee, remember to cancel your appointment at least 2 hours prior to the class time.
- Classes may be canceled or rescheduled based on Wellness and Health Promotion Services' discretion.
Classes are located in the Student Health Center, 374 East Grand Avenue. You may check in at any of the Self Check-In kiosks, then come to Wellness (across from the Information Desk).
*Adapted from Choices about Alcohol, The Change Companies, Marlatt & Parks, 2005