Smoking cessation educators are available for one-on-one appointments. Make your appointment to see a smoking cessation educator by visiting the Saluki Health Portal or calling us at (618) 536-4441.
Illinois residents, including international students that have an Illinois address, qualify for free services provided by the Illinois Tobacco Quitline 1-866-784-8937.
If you were referred by Student Rights and Responsibilities for marijuana use, please register for the AOD Class, not Tobacco Cessation Services
SIU IS SMOKE FREE!
SMOKE FREE POLICIES
- One-stop access to tobacco-related information, including information on quitting tobacco use, from Health and Human Services agencies.
- Free, accurate information and assistance to help you quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- Free, accurate information and assistance to help women quit smoking and stay tobacco-free.
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Users
- Easy-to-read guide to quitting tobacco use.
- FDA 101: Smoking Cessation Products
- Identifies FDA-approved products that can help you quit smoking.
- Harms of Smoking and Benefits of Quitting
- Fact sheet from the National Cancer Institute that summarizes the harmful effects of smoking and short-and long-term benefits of quitting.