Survivor Support Services
Wellness and Health Promotion Services is home to SIU's survivor support program called Confidential Advising Services. Confidential Advising Services is dedicated to providing survivor-centered assistance to SIU students that have experienced sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking. Our goal is to help survivors find the support, resources and information they need to safely continue their studies. If you are a friend or loved one of a survivor, information on what you can do to help is also available.
Any currently enrolled SIU student that has experienced sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking can get help from a Confidential Advisor.
What is a confidential advisor?
What can they help me with?
- Emotional support and non-judgmental listening.
- Information about reporting options.
- Assistance with filing reports and notifying local law enforcement.
- Accessing academic support.
- Changes to on campus living arrangements.
- Changes to on campus work assignments.
- Changes to dining assignments.
- Transportation assistance.
- Obtaining protective orders and safety planning.
- Resources and referrals to other services including medical care, counseling services, legal resources and more.
Confidential Advising Forms
Schedule an Appointment
Wellness & Health Promotion Services, Student Health Center
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
An escape button is located on each page and can be used to quickly exit this website. Clicking the escape button will redirect you to google.com. However, be aware that your computer can still be used to monitor your activity. If you are concerned that someone may be monitoring your computer use, it is best to use a computer that others do not have access to.