Self-care is about listening to your body and taking the necessary steps to feel safe, healthy and comfortable. Taking steps to care for your physical and emotional wellbeing can help you cope with the trauma you have experienced.
After trauma, it’s important to keep your body healthy and strong. Try to
- Ensure you are getting enough rest. Nap if you need to.
- Remember to eat foods to help you feel strong and healthy.
- Create a quite space at home that makes you feel safe and comfortable.
- Spend time with supportive people
- Enjoy fun activities that bring you joy
- Try keeping a journal to help you process your feelings